-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
I also think it is worthwhile trying to do such things on the basis of Knoppix, at least in the first place. And, starting from collaborations of technically minded users, we will have a resource base.
Hi Capricorny.
One thing that I am motivated to try is a remaster of 6.2 with the "bare minimum" software infrastructure to run the VirtualBox.
Something like "USB Knoppix VBox Player", so people can "use it" as the basis for build all sorts of FOSS (free/open source) USB systems.
I succeed in "opening" and "closing" a remaster following the instruction on this site few weeks ago and I will be looking more at it later.
I'm excited with this because it combines TWO things I believe is "hot" stuff:
a) VirtualBox virtualization
b) NativeUSB (LiveUSB)
These 2, combined into one "bare minimum Knoppix VBox Player" can potentially create a tool for further exploration of the GNU/Linux in new ways...
[Definition for "NativeUSB"]
Perhaps the starting point to explore the current topic is to have a more precise (or at least one) definition for what a NativeUSB system is.
As the first diagram (on the thread) shows, I have the idea but I don't have a good definition for it.
Because I'm very interested on the topic, I keep taking notes and conducting little experiments, so, when I arrive at some useful definition for the "NativeUSB" and its scope, I will made it public and putting here...
Valter
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99